How to Use Beard oil
I’m often asked via Facebook or through email, “how do I use your beard oil?” so let’s answer this question once and for all and talk about how to use beard oil! Not only is it important to keep your beard clean and groomed for a “kept” appearance but it is also important to keep your beard moisturized, and this is where beard oil comes in. There are many different brands and blends available on the market today and we’re honored that you would consider Lucky Scruff!
How do I apply your beard oil?
Good question! Our oils are designed to be applied early in the morning and will keep you classy all day long. Follow these simple steps for a rocking good beard!
- Shower, paying special attention to your beard. Remove all food particles, wild animals, blood, sweat and tears. All natural soap works best!
- If you’re the kind of guy who showers at night, just wash your face with some warm water and soap… No one likes a dirty face, but they love a bearded face.
- Towel dry your beard, leave the hair dryer in the closet because we don’t want to bake the face, just mostly dry.
- Put a small amount of oil in the palm of your hand (larger beards may require larger amount) typically less than a dime sized amount for beards less than 3 inches long.
- With your opposite hand, scoop up some oil with your finger tips and work it into the base of your beard. With a massaging motion, work the oil from your skin out to the ends of your beard.
- For an even distribution of oils you can brush your beard with a military style boars bristle brush but this is not required. Boars do make nice brushes though!
- Enjoy a smooth, well-kept beard all day. Fragrance from the oils can last from 1-2 hours or the entire day depending on your environment and the amount of oil used.
How often should I apply beard oil?
How often do you change your underwear? But seriously, you can apply daily with no harm to your skin or hair. In areas with high heat and low humidity, daily applications may be necessary to maintain a smooth, classy beard. In areas with higher humidity, you might be able to get away with 2-3 times per week, but let’s be honest; you’ll use less oil and transact with us less so let’s stick to daily!